Monday, August 27, 2007

A Sportive Sunday

Today was a sunny Sunday full of sports events:

The Gaelic Football Semi Final- a giants match between Dublin and Kerry.
And as Grace keep saying: Kerry is The Best! They are. Dubs knocked out by Kerry. On September 16th Kerry will play the final against its greatest rival- Cork!

The Tour of Ireland.
On my way back from lunch with Dan, we saw that it was the time the competitor arrived the part of Dublin we were at. It was lame in a way. It didn't look like Tour De France with loads of people cheering the riders. There were approximately 40 people along 200 meters. Half of them were kids or even babies. Disappointing.

Grand Canal Walk
Well, this I didn't witness. It's just that on my way back home at around 18:00, There was a singer singing on an improvised stage. I must try to describe it- it was looked like an open container. When I'll have the pic I took on my mobile, I'll upload it, hopefully it is clear enough to see what I'm talking about. Besides the singer and the 2 years old girl wondering around him and his 2-people band, there were tens of people sitting at tables (or not) and drinking beer. The kids wore with their parents' Grand Canal Walk large size t-shirts.

What about me?
I had my own Cycling Tour at the gym
I had my own (Jogging) Marathon at the gym
And I had my own Grand Canal Walk on my way to and from the office.
Sorry, no Gaelic Football activity. I didn't even get the chance to discuss the rules with Grace yet.

1 comment:

~Ellen Kominsky said...

You've become an exercising fiend, woman!

And sheep don't say meheeheeheehee is English. They say baaaaaaaah. :)