Sunday, October 7, 2007

Berries, Berries, Berries, Berries, Berries...

Yesterday I went hiking with some friends. My first hiking trip in Ireland. Our destination was Howth, which is a small village in the north of Dublin, and it is situated in a peninsula. Howth peninsula. 25 minutes by the DART (Dublin's suburban train), and we are there. The hiking is on the cliffs along the peninsula.

But first, we went to the pier. Everybody who had been here before told me they saw seals. And since seals are one of my favourite animals ever since I've visited a kind of Seals Sanctuary few years ago, I was eager to see one out in the wild. And guess what! I saw none! But that was expected. That's what we saw instead:


Since my first purchase with my first salary was a new camera, I'm officially the one who takes pictures on every occasion.
That's also the reason I was always behind after we started climbing the cliffs... So eventually I had to chase my girls all the time.

At Some point, I didn't care anymore. It happened when I spotted this for the first time:


Blackberry bushes!
As those of you who know me, I adore berries. I love strawberries, I like raspberries, and after Moving to Ireland I discovered that blueberries are my favourites. never had it before.
Anyways, stopped and ate a lot of it (the blackberries). Only the black ones. All other colors are immature blackberries.
I just couldn't have enough of it. That's also the first time I eat something without washing it. Well, That me. I wash things before I eat it. Preferably with soap.

So after spotting the blackberry bushes and realizing there are loads more along our path, that was literally what kept me walking. Every time I spotted mature blackberries, I ate it. Well, of course the other girls ate as well, so I had as much as I could, allowing the others eat as well.

Look, those are nice blackberries. I better have some!


Uhhhmmmm... Yum, Yum!


I better have some more then!

Besides the berries. We had a wonderful day, beautiful weather, and we met many nice people along the way. We also met a friend from work hiking with another friend.
we were hiking for 3 hours, around 8 km, and it felt wonderful, felt like a high school trip, especially since we could talk Hebrew amongst us.
Here are some of the amazing pics I took:


1 comment:

יובל בן-עמי Yuval Ben-Ami said...

This fellow blogger misses Ireland so much it hurts like the wee thorns in the blackberry bushes.

Enjoy your time there and send my regards!