Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hesh-bo-nit !

I'm so sorry, Ellen, but I must write about it! Hope you will forgive me one day....

Ellen moved to a beautiful new apartment.
But Ellen needed to buy a new TV and DVD player.
So Ellen went shopping.

When Ellen was on her way back home, she was so happy and decided to called me.
Ellen told me she bought a huge LCD and DVD, and it was on sale, so she got a real good special price!
I was asking how much it cost, and it was very very good price and it was Toshiba!
Then I was wondering where the hell did she find an electric store at the mall.
She didn't know the name of the shop, but she had the bill!

So Ellen took the bill out of her Burbery pink purse (i don't know for sure, it could also be her white, green and pink new purse she bought in NY, or her green and white Jansport. but lets assume it was the pink Burbery, OK?), saying "It's called", and starts reading (in Hebrew): "Hesh-bo-nit".
and then she asks me: Do you know it?
It took me few moments to realize what she was just saying, and started LAUGHING OUT SO LOUD!!!

Don't get me wrong, it's not like someone conned her or something, it's just that the word she was reading from that piece of paper was the Hebrew word for invoice (or bill)....

Funny, hey?

By the way, she got the name of the store from the invoice after all, and after we were both laughing about it.

And that's all for today, about how i help the Olim Hadashim (the people that immigrate to Israel), and Klitat Aliya (the immigrants adjustment) in Israel.

(Hope it wasn't that mean, because that wasn't my intention... :-)

1 comment:

~Ellen Kominsky said...

I forgive you. :) Except for not mentioning the fact that i did realize what i had said right after i said it.... I am a writer, though, so I understand taking creative license to make a story more interesting.