Sunday, July 1, 2007

How to Make Yourself Feel Good (By Helping Others)

Today's tip is totally non-selfish one. Satisfaction is guarantied!

My mom was moving to another apartment few weeks ago and all the junk I stored at her place found its way to mine...
Unfortunately I don't have such a big apartment, so I had to do something with all that stuff. So I took all my NatGeo and traveller Magazines to work and asked people to take as many as they want. It was all gone within less than an hour!

Now for the big stuff, all my books. Since I don't want to store too many of them and not able to take too many of them to Ireland (Read more about Ireland in my next post), I decided to donate to the Library where I used to spend hours since I was at 3rd grade. So I went there with 2 bags full with books, some are completely new and I never read them, and even those I read looks quite new.
The women in the library were so thrilled and excited that they called the manager so she can meet the nice girl that decided to donate so many nice books to the library.

I always used to think people donate old, non-wanted books to libraries. Apparently it doesn't happen a lot.

when I was on the way home, I decided to go over the books I decided to keep and donate some more to the library.

Whoever reads this: please do not throw away books! forward it to others or libraries.

What a way to end up the consultation month.
Hope it was useful!

No comments: