Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What is Home?

Is it the place where I grew up?
Is it the apartment where I live?

Is it the apartment I rent or the one my parents paid mortgage for?

And what happens if I feel like a guest at my parent's place, and my place feels like home, but not quite yet?
And what about a situation where my childhood home is sold and I haven't been at my parents' new place yet? Should I consider it home? It doesn't feel that way.

Either way, how can home be called home when I practically packed it all into 2 not-so-big suitcases??... And close the door behind me the same way as I used to when I went to work or just out, knowing I'll be back within few hours?

And is it normal to just enter a new place and all of a sudden feel like that's the home I was searching for over the last few years?

Because it feels like I found home, at last.

1 comment:

~Ellen Kominsky said...

All i know is that you better come back and visit, biatch :-)


Oh, and by the way, I have a list of people who want you to send their CVs over to google. Skank whores....